Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate consist of acetyl-L-carnitine and acetyl-L-carnitine arginate. With the discovery of acetyl-L-carnitine arginate, carnitine’s benefits have now been greatly augmented.
Acetyl-L-carnitine arginate, in particular, protects brain cells against the toxicity caused by the presence of ß-amyloid, which is found in older and Alzheimer’s brains and which causes disruptions in healthy cellular calcium 2+ balance. It also increases the neurotransmitter content of brain cells, maintains their proper structure (morphology) in terms of size and shape, and keeps them in their proper state of differentiation (specialization).
The Acetyl-L-Carnitine form of carnitine is better absorbed from our intestine than L-carnitine and crosses the blood-brain barrier more efficiently. The blood-brain barrier is a protective mechanism that blocks harmful substances from passing through to our brain and central nervous system.
L-carnitine plays an important role to move fatty acids into the mitochondria as fuel to produce energy. Mitochondria, the powerhouses found within human cells, produce the energy that vital tissues need to keep us vibrant and healthy. Healthy levels of carnitine support optimum functioning of mitochondria and your body’s energy production. 1
The problem is that as we age, levels of carnitine decline in all our tissues, reducing cellular energy production and metabolic activity.2
Boosting carnitine levels with supplements can help:
- Maintain cellular metabolic activity by assisting in the intracellular transport of fatty acids from the cell fluid into the mitochondria, where fats are oxidized to generate cellular energy.1
- Inhibit excess accumulation of cellular debris.3
- Support a healthy concentration of nitric oxide, which helps endothelial cells relax and maintain blood flow, supporting already-healthy blood pressure.4
- Maintain healthy body fat composition, which in turn supports healthy insulin response and blood sugar levels already within normal range.5,6
- Support brain cells’ defenses against age-related memory and cognitive decline.7
- Benefit energy-intensive body systems such as the nervous system and the cardiovascular system by helping to counteract the age-related increase in oxidative stress and the decrease in mitochondrial efficiency. 1, 8-11
Acetyl-L-carnitine has been shown to promote peripheral nervous system comfort, support healthy mood, energy and overall well-being. 12-23
|Dosage and Use|