Maintaining healthy levels of vitamin D helps preserve youthful cognitive function and offers broad-spectrum benefits for bone and immune system health. Vitamin D also helps maintain blood pressure already within the normal range, supports healthy inflammatory response and endothelial function, and more. Make sure you’re getting enough of this essential health nutrient. Add vitamin D3 to your regimen today.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Delivers 1,000 IU of vitamin D3
- Helps maintain youthful, healthy cognitive function
- Supports bone health and immune system function
- Promotes cardiovascular and endothelial health
- Helps maintain blood pressure already within the normal range
More facts about Vitamin D3 1,000 IU
Your skin produces vitamin D when in direct sunlight, but you should not get your vitamin D from unprotected sun exposure or indoor tanning devices. Supplementing with vitamin D goes a long way towards inhibiting deficiency: we recommend about 5,000 IU – 8,000 IU of vitamin D3 a day.
Vitamin D is important for maintaining cognitive health and function as you age. Healthy serum vitamin D levels have been shown to correspond with better scores on cognitive health tests and better maintenance of cognitive ability in aging individuals.1-4
Bone and immune health
Vitamin D (along with vitamin K and essential minerals) is essential for facilitating the transport of calcium into the bone matrix. This is an important step in maintaining strong, healthy bones and teeth. Vitamin D also plays a critical role in healthy immune function.5,6
Heart health & blood pressure support
Vitamin D helps to regulate the body’s calcium balance while facilitating calcium absorption into the bloodstream, promotes a healthy inflammatory response in the cardiovascular system, and encourages healthy endothelial function.7,8 Vitamin D also helps inhibit excess renin levels. Healthy renin levels help maintain healthy blood pressure already within the normal range.9
Getting enough vitamin D
This vitamin D3 supplement delivers 1,000 IU of vitamin D3 as cholecalciferol per softgel. We suggest that you take a 25-hydroxy vitamin D blood test after 3 months to assess and adjust your dosage. Your optimal blood levels should be 50–80 ng/ml year-round.
Dosage and Use
- Take one (1) softgel daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Individuals consuming more than 2,000 IU/day of vitamin D (from diet and supplements) should periodically obtain a serum 25-hydroxy vitamin D measurement. Do not exceed 10,000 IU per day unless recommended by your doctor. Vitamin D supplementation is not recommended for individuals with high blood calcium levels.
- J Am Geriatr Soc. 2017 Oct;65(10):2161-2168.
- Exp Gerontol. 2017 Apr;90:90-97.
- Ageing Res Rev. 2013 Sep;12(4):1013-23.
- Neurology. 2012 Sep 25;79(13):1397-405.
- http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/vitamins/vitamin-D Accessed 06/08/18.
- J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2018 Jan;175:190-194.
- J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011 Jul 5;58(2):186-92.
- Hypertension. 2011 Jan;57(1):63-9.
- Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther. 2010 Nov;8(11):1599-608