Physician's Series Vitamin C Plus provides our body with a standardized dose of Vitamin C, Bioflavonoid Complex and Rutin to deliver Vitamin C in its natural complex that is readily absorbed and used by our body.
Vitamin C is needed on a daily basis for removing free radicals1,2, improving immunity3-6, forming collagen to support our skin and body parts7,8, and to manage stress9. Research continues to reveal many new and exciting benefits, including promoting longer lifespan, quality of life and may prevent many of the disorders related to aging, including cancer.9-12
Benefits at a Glance:
- Combines vitamin C with other plant-based antioxidants; bioflavonoids and rutin
- High-potency formula delivers 1,000 mg of vitamin C
- Exerts strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidative activities1,2,13
- Optimises immune system functions3-6
- Encourages healthy iron uptake and collagen formation7,8
More facts about Vitamin C Plus
The human body does not produce vitamin C. It must be obtained from outside-the-body sources. Diets provide enough vitamin C to avoid scurvy, but nowhere near what may be optimal doses. Moreover, water-soluble vitamin C is quickly excreted.14 That’s why it makes sense to supplement daily with vitamin C to ensure the body has the protection it needs. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that provides profound whole-body health benefits.
Physician's Series understands the exacting standards that a practitioner needs when dispensing a product as part of his/her clinical practice. Physician's Series Vitamin C Plus delivers 1,000 mg of Ascorbic Acid, along with two antioxidants – 100mg of bioflavonoid complex and 25mg of rutin to optimize bioavailability and efficacy.
Synergistic combination of vitamin C, bioflavonoid and rutin
As an antioxidant, vitamin C loses its antioxidative properties after scavenging free radicals. Hence, a combination of different antioxidants is important to synergize each other’s antioxidative properties.
Bioflavonoids have the ability to neutralize free radicals by donating one of their electrons, thus stabilizing the molecule and breaking the oxidative chain.15 Vitamin C’s biological activity is complemented by the health benefits of the flavonoids, like in whole fruits and vegetables, notably including citrus fruits.16
Rutin has the capacity to regenerate vitamin C after it neutralizes a free radical, thus helping to restore its antioxidant potential.17 It has the ability to protect the collagen of the skin against breaking down from damage caused by advanced glycation end products (AGEs).18
Hence, this formula is added with bioflavonoids and rutin powder. Bioflavonoids and rutin are potent antioxidants that inhibit the oxidation of vitamin C. This synergistic combination makes the vitamin C more stable and help to extend and maintain its concentration in our body.
Serving Size 1 Vegetarian Capsule
Servings Per Container 600
|Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)||1000 mg|
|Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex||100 mg|
Rutin Powder(Sophora japonica) (Flower Bud)
Other ingredients: Cellulose (capsule), stearic acid (vegetable source), magnesium stearate (vegetable source), silica.
- Biol Pharm Bull. 1997;20(6):632-6.
- Photochem Photobiol. 1998;67(6):669-75.
- Ann Nutr Metab. 2006;50(2):85-94.
- Cent. Eur. J. Med. 2010 October;8(1):1-10.
- Nutrients. 2014 Jul;6(7):2572-83.
- Inflamm Allergy Drug Targets. 2011 Feb;10(1):54-63.
- J Invest Dermatol. 2001;116(6):853-9.
- Dermatol Ther. 2007;20(5):314-21.
- FASEB J. 2018 Jul;32(7):3623-40.
- Aging (Albany NY). 2016 Mar;8(3):458-83.
- In Vivo 2018 Jan-Feb;32(1):93-9.
- BMC Genomics. 2014 Oct 27;15:940.
- Indian Dermatol Online J. 2013;4(2):143-6.
- J Am Coll Nutr. 2003 Feb;22(1):18-35.
- J Nutr Biochem. 2002 Aug;13(8):444.
- http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/vitamins/vitamin-C (Accessed 27/8/19)
- Science. 1 July 1949:18.
- J Nutr Biochem. 2006 Aug;17(8):531-40.