Melatonin increases the speed of falling asleep and adds to the quality of sleep. It also has a strong antioxidant property and is important for protecting cellular DNA. And our Melatonin 6 Hour formula releases 3 mg of melatonin gradually to help you stay asleep.
Benefits at a Glance
- Six-hour release formula promotes optimal sleep
- This formula contains 3 mg of melatonin
- Helps balance circadian rhythm and immune function
- Helps promote cellular DNA health
- Helps inhibit oxidative stress and free radicals
More Facts About Melatonin 6 Hour Timed Release
Melatonin is a hormone derived from the amino acid tryptophan. Melatonin is primarily synthesized by our pineal gland and released mostly at night to make falling asleep easier. In addition to healthy sleep support, melatonin has strong antioxidant properties and has been shown to support immune health, and healthy brain function, and more.
Melatonin and sleep
A good night's sleep is crucial for overall health and well-being. But many people experience difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep. Healthy sleep patterns are governed by your body's circadian rhythm, and melatonin helps keep your circadian rhythm in tune.1,2 But melatonin release declines with age,3-5 and can be affected by jet lag, shift work, and even vision health.6-8
The Melatonin and oxidation
Melatonin also has strong antioxidant properties. It directly scavenges both hydroxyl and peroxyl free radicals, and it does so more effectively than most other antioxidants. It also greatly potentiates the efficiency of other endogenous and exogenous antioxidants.9
Melatonin is especially important for healthy cellular DNA support because it helps inhibit peroxynitrite free radical reactions.10 Melatonin has been found to be better than glutathione-3, vitamin C, and even vitamin E at helping to inhibit oxidative damage.11
Melatonin and immune health
Melatonin has a beneficial impact on the immune system—it activates T-helper cells, which trigger other immune cells to boost immune system response to foreign molecules.12,13
Melatonin and cognitive health
Age-related cognitive decline may be directly correlated to melatonin levels.14-16 Melatonin supplementation can help support the brain's normal antioxidant protection, and help inhibit factors that can lead to cognitive decline.17-20
Support optimal sleep and well-being. Add melatonin to your health regimen today!
For occasional sleeplessness.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian tablet
Servings Per Container 60
Amount Per Serving
Other ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, hydroxypropylcellulose, aqueous film coating (purified water, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, glycerin), stearic acid, vegetable stearate, croscarmellose sodium, silica.
Dosage and Use
- Take one tablet 30 to 60 minutes before bedtime, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Melatonin is naturally secreted from the pineal gland at night, and should be taken at night for optimal results.
Consult your healthcare provider before taking this product if you are being treated for a medical condition (especially autoimmune or depressive disorders). Use caution if combining with alcohol. This product is not intended for children, pregnant or lactating women, or women trying to become pregnant. Do not attempt to drive or operate heavy machinery after taking this product.
- Free Radic Res. 2002 Dec;36(12):1323-9.
- J Endocrinol. 1981 Dec;91(3):467-75.
- J Pineal Res. 1994 May;16(4):178-83.
- Maturitas. 2002 Apr 15;41 Suppl 1:S85-104.
- Chronobiol Int. 2000 May;17(3):419-32.
- Pineal Res. 2011 Jan;50(1):1-7.
- Bull Acad Natl Med. 2011 Oct;195(7):1527-46; discussion 1547-9.
- Curr Med Chem. 2012;19(21):3508-22.
- Aging (Milano). Oct1995;7(5):340-51.
- J Endocrinol Invest. 2006 Mar;29(3):281-7.
- Interdiscip Toxicol. 2008 Sep;1(2):137-49.
- Eur J Cancer. 1999;35:1688-92.
- J Pineal Res. 2001;30:123-6.
- Neurotox Res. 2013 Apr;23(3):267-300.
- Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. 2003 Oct;47(4):373-86.
- Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004 Dec;1035:197-215.
- Neurotox Res. 2013 Apr;23(3):267-300.
- Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005 Nov;1056:430-49.
- Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004 Dec;1035:216-30.
- An R Acad Nac Med (Madr). 2008;125(4):681-96.