- Support healthy cellular growth*
- Promote normal tissue health*
- Support healthy immune function*
Pectin is a soluble dietary fiber composed of galacturonic acid and varying amounts of galactose, glucose, rhammose, and arabinose. In its natural state, the galacturonic groups are found esterified. Regular pectin is not absorbed due to its large size, but it nevertheless plays a key dietary role in supporting digestive and cardiovascular health. It is also commonly used as a gelling agent in foods.
PectaSol-C MCP is a special class of pectin that was developed by Isaac Eliaz, MD, LAc. Dr. Eliaz has researched and published articles on citrus pectin for over a decade.1 MCP isprotected by US patents #6,274,566, #6,462,029, and #7,026,302. PectaSol-C MCP is produced using a scientifically validated proprietary process that carefully controls both the molecular weight (MW) and degree of esterification (DE). The specific low molecular weight size range of PectaSol-C® MCP allows easy absorption into the bloodstream with the effective range of molecular size and esterification.*
Pre-Production Research on PectaSol® MCP
Dr. Eliaz developed the PectalSol® brand as the first modified citrus pectin for human use. This MCP is designed to be a superior ligand for galectin-3 and involved extensive preproduction research. A cell culture model using aberrant prostate cells was used to help determine the optimal MW and DE by demonstrating cytotoxicity (cell death).2* After optimization, PectaSol® was immediately tested clinically.2,3
PectaSol® is the only brand of modified citrus pectin that has been validated in human clinical trials.2-4 PectaSol-C® MCP is an integral part of Dr. Eliaz' Healthy Cellular Support Protocols.
The modification process has been improved to now produce more pectin molecules in the effective lower range of molecular weight. The drying process has also been improved to produce a finer particle size as well, with more than 90% below 100 microns. This means a better absorbed product.* The new recent developments have been clinically demonstrated to benefit the quality of life of advanced state conditions.4
|Serving Size 6 capsules
Dosage and Use
- For active support; six capsules, three times a day.
- For long term maintenance, six capsules daily.
- PectaSol-C® MCP is best taken on an empty stomach. An empty stomach is considered 30 minutes before food and two hours after meals.
1. Eliaz I, Gaurdino J, Hughes K. The health benefits of modified citrus pectin: in Patil BS, Brodbelt JS, Miller EG, and Turner ND (ed.): Potential health benefits of citrus. ACS Symposium Series 936. Oxford University Press. 2006:199-210.
2. Strum, S, et al. Modified citrus pectin slows PSA doubling time: A pilot clinical trial. International Conference on Diet and Prevention of Cancer. 1999. Tampere, Finland.
3. Guess, BW, et al., Modified citrus pectin (MCP) increases the prostate-specific antigen doubling time in men with prostate cancer: a phase II pilot study. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis, 2003;6(4): 301-4.
4. Azemar, M. et al. Clinical Benefits in patients with advanced solid tumors treated with modified citrus pectin: A prospective pilot study. Clinical Med Oncology 2007;1:73-80.
5. Eliaz, I, Hotchkiss, AT, Fishman, ML, Rode, D. The effect of modified citrus pectin on urinary excretion of toxic elements. Phytotherapy Research 2006;20(10):859-864.
6. Zhao, ZY, Liang, L, Fan,X, Hotchkiss, AT,. Wilk, BJ, Eliaz, E. The role of modified citrus pectin as an effective chelator of lead in children hospitalized with toxic lead levels. Altern Ther Health Med. 2008:14(4); 34-38.
7. Lim, BO, et al., Effect of dietary pectin on the production of immunoglobulins and cytokines by mesenteric lymph node lymphocytes in mouse colitis induced with dextran sulfate sodium. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem.2003;7(8):1706.