Euglena P-3 is a naturally all-in-one product that allows you to conveniently enjoy the benefits of at least 7 conventional health supplements to keep your body working and repairing well:
- Vitamins and minerals
- Amino acids
- Paramylon (Beta-glucan)
WHAT IS EUGLENA?
Euglena is a species of microalgae that grows in fresh and marine water. It is green in colour as it contains chlorophyll which allows it to carry out photosynthesis to make nutrients.
Research on Euglena conducted by scientists resulted in a Nobel Prize and NASA projects in the 1900s.
But its use as a food and health supplement was only made possible in 2005 when Euglena Co. Ltd succeeded in mass outdoor cultivation through technological collaboration with the University of Tokyo.
WHAT IS SO SPECIAL ABOUT EUGLENA?
Absence of A Cell Wall – More Than 90% Absorption
The cells of microalgae are protected by a rigid cell wall which cannot be properly digested by our body resulting in poor nutrient absorption.
Euglena is the only species of microalgae whose cells have a cell membrane instead of a cell wall. This allows our body to fully digest and absorb the nutrients present. Studies have shown a digestive rate of 93.1%.1
Unique Bioactive Ingredient – Paramylon
Paramylon is a bioactive ingredient found only in Euglena.
It is a dietary fiber belonging to the Beta-glucan class of compound with a sponge-like molecular structure that helps to remove toxins and undesirable substances like fats, cholesterol, purines, etc. from our body, and to moderate sugar response of the body. It has been found to have the following benefits:
- Regulates bowel movement and promotes digestive health
- Boosts immune system2,3 – Helps fight cold and flu4
- Promotes healthy skin especially acne, eczema and atopic dermatitis5
- Suppresses purine absorption6 – Helps improves gout
- Enhances glucose and fat metabolism7 – Supports healthy sugar levels and body weight
- Supports healthy cholesterol level7
- Protects liver function8
Protect Your DNA from Damage
Chlorophyllin is the bioactive compound found in chlorophyll that protects against cell-damaging free radicals.9 More importantly it also binds and forms irreversible complexes with toxins, allowing the body to safely eliminate them before they can enter the bloodstream.
Nutritionally Complete Superfood
Euglena is naturally rich in carotenoids and other vitamins and minerals which it makes through photosynthesis like other plants.
What the scientists found very intriguing is that it is also capable of producing omega fatty acids and amino acids, which are nutrients more commonly found in animals.
Thus, Euglena is able to offer the complete 59 essential nutrients needed by our body for good health and optimal body repair.
EUGLENA P-3 MAKES IT 60 NUTRIENTS
Euglena has been found to work synergistically with probiotics – the good bacteria in the intestine. Thus, a probiotic Bifidobacterium breve B-3 has been added in Euglena P-3. This strain of probiotics works hand-in-hand with Euglena to:
- Support healthy body weight10
- Improve immune system and ease inflammation11, 12, 13
- Improve metabolic syndrome14
- Enhance skin health
EXCITING EMERGING STUDIES OF EUGLENA
Recent studies have shown that consumption of Euglena brings the following health benefits:
• Relieve symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis15
• Synergistic anti-inflammatory and anti-obesity effects when taken together with vegetables16
• Improve brain functions, agility and reflex movements, and psychological health 17
EXPERIENCE THE BENEFITS OF EUGLENA P-3
Euglena P-3 is produced with Euglena cultivated in the famous pristine and natural environment of Ishigaki island in Okinawa, Japan.
Through technological collaboration with Tokyo University, Osaka Prefecture University and Kinki University of Japan, Euglena Co. Ltd has been able to cultivate Euglena under natural and optimal conditions to derive the highest quality “Ishigaki Euglena”.
In Jan 2019 they became the first farm in the world to attain certification to the new ASC-MSC Seaweed (Algae) Standard. This award by the Aquaculture Stewardship Council and Marine Stewardship Council is a testament to their rigorous production standard, and consideration for the environment, local communities and workers welfare.
With just 3 small capsules of Euglena P-3, you will be able to obtain 60 essential nutrients needed for optimal health. The complete lipid and amino acid contents also make it a perfect supplement for vegans and vegetarians.
Serving Size: 3 Vegetarian Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving
Bifidobacterium breve B-3
Other ingredients: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, corn starch, fructooligosaccharides, calcium stearate, silicon dioxide, carthamus yellow, gardenia blue
Dosage and Use
Take 3 capsules daily with or without food, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
Keep bottle tightly closed. Store in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight. Keep out of reach of children.
Product of Japan
- Determining the nutritional value of Euglena gracilis proteins through human digestion experiments and experiments on rearing mice. Japan Society for Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Agrochemistry edition 51, 85:483-488 (1977).
- R. Russo et al. (2017) Euglena gracilis paramylon activates human lymphocytes by upregulating pro-inflammatory factors. Food Science & Nutrition 5(2): 205–214.
- Jesenak, M., P. Banovcin, Z. Rennerova, J. Majtan. (2014). β-glucans in the treatment and prevention of allergic diseases. Allergol. Immunopathol. 42:149–156.
- A. Nakashima et al. (2017). Oral administration of Euglena gracilis Z and its carbohydrate storage substance provides survival protection against influenza virus infection in mice. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 494:379-383.
- A. Sugiyama et al. (2010). Oral administration of paramylon, a β-1,3-d-glucan isolated from Euglena gracilis z inhibits development of atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions in nc/nga mice. Journal of Veterinary Medical Science 72(6):755-763.
- Japan Patent No. JBS4305785 “Purine absorption inhibitor and blood uric acid level reducing agent”. https://patents.google.com/patent/JP2010132585A/en (accessed on 20th December 2017)
- R. Shimada et al. (2016). Oral administration of green algae, Euglena gracilis, inhibits hyperglycemia in OLETF rats, a model of spontaneous type 2 diabetes. Food and Function. 7:4655-4699.
- A. Sugiyama et al. (2009). Hepatoprotective effects of paramylon, a b-1, 3-d-glucan isolated from Euglena gracilis z, on acute liver injury induced by carbon tetrachloride in rats. Laboratory Animal Science 71(7):885-890.
- Siddavaram Nagini, Fabrizio Palitti, Adayapalam T. Natarajan (2015). Chemopreventive potential of chlorophyllin: a review of the mechanisms of action and molecular targets. Journal of Nutrition and Cancer. 67:203-211.
- J. Minami et al. (2015). Oral administration of Bifidobacterium breve B-3 modifies metabolic functions in adults with obese tendencies in a randomised controlled trial. Journal of Nutritional Science 4 (17):1-7.
- Jeon SG, Kayama H, Ueda Y, et al. (2012). Probiotic Bifidobacterium breve induces IL-10-producing Tr1 cells in the colon. PLoS Pathog 8, e1002714.
- Bermudez-Brito M, Muñoz-Quezada S, Gomez-Llorente C, et al. (2013). Cell-free culture supernatant of Bifidobacterium breve CNCM I-4035 decreases pro-inflammatory cytokines in human dendritic cells challenged with Salmonella typhi through TLR activation. PLOS ONE 8, e59370.
- Hoarau C, Lagaraine C, Martin L, et al. (2006). Supernatant of Bifidobacterium breve induces dendritic cell maturation, activation, and survival through a Toll-like receptor 2 pathway. J Allergy Clin Immunol 117, 696–702.
- Kondo S, Kamei A, Xiao JZ, et al. (2013). Bifidobacterium breve B-3 exerts metabolic syndrome-suppressing effects in the liver of diet-induced obese mice: a DNA microarray analysis. Benef Microbes 4, 247–251.
- Suzuki K, Nakashima A, Igarashi M, Saito K, Konno M, Yamazaki N, et al. (2018) Euglena gracilis Z and its carbohydrate storage substance relieve arthritis symptoms by modulating Th17 immunity. PLoS ONE 13(2): e0191462. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0191462
- Okouchi, R.; E, S.; Yamamoto, K.; Ota, T.; Seki, K.; Imai, M.; Ota, R.; Asayama, Y.; Nakashima, A.; Suzuki, K.; Tsuduki, T. (2018). Simultaneous Intake of Euglena gracilis and Vegetables Exerts Synergistic Anti-Obesity and Anti-Inflammatory Effects by Modulating the Gut Microbiota in Diet-Induced Obese Mice. Nutrients. 10:1417-1432.
- Nakashima A, Yasuda K, Chosa K, Suzuki K. (2019). Press release on 28th May 2019 at 73rd Conference of Japan Food and Nutrition Association: “The Effect of Euglena Ingestion on Health”.