There are many things you can do to prepare for an enjoyable holiday, including:
- Have a medical check-up. Make sure you are healthy before you travel.
- Pack a medical kit for common ailments for yourself and any children travelling with you.
- Ensure peace of mind by getting travel insurance coverage.
Do you know…
Skin is often thought of as the great envelope of the human body. Its numerous and varied functions include external protection, temperature regulation, sensory detection and toxin removal, as well as the specialty functions involving hair and nails.
The skin’s appearance is determined by its exposure to harmful environmental influences such as sunlight and air pollution, in combination with diet, hydration, topical care and adequate rest.
Diabetes Is a Form of Accelerated Aging
For decades, scientists have been trying to uncover the root causes of premature aging. The fact that diabetes is a form of accelerated aging comes as a surprise to most people. In fact, life expectancy for people with diabetes is four to eight years less than for non-diabetics. Both aging and diabetes share two important biological processes that damage the body: glycation, which results in damage to protein and lipid molecules, and oxidative stress, characterized by increased free-radical activity and damage to tissues by molecules like reactive sugar aldehydes. And many signs and symptoms of diabetes also commonly occur with aging, including:
Take Your Heart Seriously…
It’s no secret that heart disease is the No.1 killer in the world. If you are smart and committed to change, you can take control of your health and begin your journey to longevity.
It’s true that we should be getting essential nutrients from food.
Everyone should strive to have a diet with nutrient dense foods along the following lines:
- Fruits & Vegetables – 50%
- Proteins & Fats (eggs, fish, meats, etc) – 35%
- Processed carbohydrates (rice, bread, noodles, etc) – 15%
Do You Know……
- Aging causes a 20% - 30% decrease in the body’s ability to produce enzymes.
- You can be eating well and yet suffer from malnutrition due to a lack of digestive enzymes.
- Cooking and pasteurization destroy digestive enzymes. Raw food like fruits and vegetables contain a higher amount of naturally occurring digestive enzymes.
- Chronic enzyme deficiency can lead to a variety of health problems including reduced immune function, increased toxin build up in the body and chronic fatigue.